Monday 20 December 2010

Faces





I really like these photographs, I took a series of photographs that were just focusing on the face of the model, and I had the models wear lots of make up, to give a feeling of fakeness but then to show emotion through their eyes. I really think the lighting works well in both of these photographs, as it is quite strong but doesn’t completely wash them out, which I think is important. I think in both pictures the eyes of the girls really pierce into the camera portraying emotions and it leads your eyes into the photograph.

The top photograph I think is quite intrusive because the model is leaning towards the camera; she jumps out of the photograph.

The bottom photograph is my favourite out of the two because the angle of the photograph works with the facial expressions of the model, because I was slightly higher, the model looks more vulnerable.

I think these two photographs work well as an ensemble because the eye colour of the two models are completely different which shows contrast, and the way they are framed works.

No comments:

Post a Comment