Sunday 19 December 2010

Street Perfomers


The Band
Saw Musician

These two pictures are of street performers. They were taken in Barcelona and France. In the photograph of the band playing I really like the whole composition. I think the background really works for the photograph and I like the effect of the grey sky. I think the layout of this picture compliments it, as the band in is in the foreground, and then the bench they are sitting on curves backwards leading your eye onto the crowd and then to the trees and the sky in the background.

With the photograph of the man playing the saw, I would have loved the photograph to have a better background, maybe a crowd of people rather that the car, but I still really like the picture of the man playing, because I think it’s an unusual thing to see. I think his costume really helps the picture tell the story as he is wearing old fashioned clothing, and playing a saw which is what people used to play because they couldn’t afford instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment